By Kim McCullough | April 16, 2020 at 12: 21 PM EDT – Updated April 16 at 12: 21 PM
ALBANY, Ga. (WALB) – In the last 24 hours, Phoebe received 212 test results throughout the health system.
That number includes 133 negative results and 79 positives, including nine additional deaths of positive COVID-19 patients.
As of noon Thursday, these were all Phoebe-related COVID-19 test results:
- Total Positive Results – 1,963
- Total Positive Deaths from Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 64
- Total Positive Deaths from Phoebe Sumter – 12
- Total Positive Patients in Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 129
- Total Positive Patients in Phoebe Sumter Medical Center – 23
- Total Positive Patients in Phoebe Worth Medical Center – 2
- Total Patients Awaiting Test Results – 47
- Total Negative Results – 3,476
- Total Patients Recovered – 1,132
“While the number of COVID-19 cases we are seeing has plateaued, for now, most of the COVID patients coming into our emergency rooms are critically ill,” Scott Steiner, Phoebe CEO, said. “Unfortunately, today, we are reporting an additional nine deaths of COVID-positive patients. That equals the highest number of deaths we have reported on any single day since this public health emergency began. That fact alone should be a wakeup call to anyone who thinks he or she is safe from this virus. COVID-19 is a vicious illness that continues to claim lives in our community, and we must all take the threat seriously. I remain extremely proud of the compassion and commitment with which the Phoebe family is caring for our community and appreciative of the support our team is getting. We are truly in this together.”
Copyright 2020 WALB. All rights reserved.