Timeline of China’s possible coronavirus cover up

Timeline of China’s possible coronavirus cover up

Get all the current news on coronavirus and more provided daily to your inbox. Register here.

There is an increasing belief that the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) originated in a lab in Wuhan, China — not as a bioweapon– however as part of Beijing’s effort to identify and treat infections to enhance its own international prestige, according to sources.

Numerous sources tell Fox News that it is believed requirements in Wuhan were overlooked before the infection leaked, and after that Beijing began its coverup.

Patient Zero is thought to have actually operated in some capability in the laboratory and it is believed that the infection was transmitted from bat to human. COVID-19 is thought about to be a recently discovered coronavirus.

When early efforts of containment stopped working, journalists and medical professionals who spoke up against the risk were vanished, these sources said.

Sources likewise state the World Health Organization (WHO) was complicit from the start, to help China cover its tracks. The WHO and China have actually rejected any misdeed.

Sources emphasized – as is frequently the case with intelligence- it’s not definitive and should not be identified as such.

Here is a timeline showing China’s effort to hide its messed up handling of the infection, according to the sources.

What all Sources agree about is the extensive cover-up of data and details about COVID-19 introduced by the Chinese federal government


December 6:

A male connected to the Wuhan wildlife market experiences pneumonia-like symptoms. 5 days later on his better half, who had no direct connection to the market, also experienced similar symptoms, which would suggest a human-to-human spread, according to the Lancet– a peer-reviewed medical journal

December 27:

Zhang Jixian, a doctor from Hubei Provincial Health Center of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine, informed health authorities that the novel illness that was then impacting some 180 clients, was caused by a brand-new coronavirus, the South China Early morning Post reported.

December 31:

The Citizen Laboratory at the University of Toronto discovered that Chinese authorities began censoring specific internet terms from social media, such as: Wuhan Unknown Pneumonia, SARS Variation, Wuhan Seafood Market, and other keywords that condemned the federal government’s handling of the break out.

January 1:

CNN featured a story about Dr. Li Wenliang, who was among eight doctors in Wuhan cautioning about the spread of the virus on social media in late December. He not only wound up contracting COVID-19 however was labeled a “rumor-mongerer” by Wuhan cops, after being detained for making incorrect statements.

He was also forced to write a self-criticism stating his cautions “had a negative effect,” according to the Wall Street Journal.

January 3:

China’s leading health authorities at the National Health Commission follow the Hubei Health Commission and release a gag order directing that Wuhan pneumonia samples be transferred to evaluating facilities, or ruined.

The National Health Commission likewise orders institutions not to release any clinical information related to the virus, Caixin Global reported.


January 5:

WHO launches a statement identifying China’s preliminary Dec. 31 notification about “pneumonia of unknown etiology.”

The company composed: “Based on the initial details from the Chinese investigation team, no evidence of substantial human-to-human transmission and no healthcare employee infections have actually been reported.”

January 6:

U.S. Centers for Illness Control (CDC) uses Beijing technical expertise to aid with the virus. Beijing disregards the offer for over a month, in addition to extra deals of support from Heath and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar and other senior U.S. officials, according to The New York Times.

January 14:

The chief of the WHO’s emerging illness system reports that “it is possible that there is limited human-to-human transmission, potentially among families, however it is really clear today that we have no sustained human-to-human transmission,” Reuters reported.

The WHO likewise sent out a tweet declaring that Chinese authorities had conducted an initial examination that found no proof of human-to-human transmission of the coronavirus.

The Jan. 14 tweet came less than two months before WHO stated COVID-19 to be an international pandemic.

January 21:

One week later on, a WHO delegation concludes a two-day field visit to Wuhan, and keeps in mind that “Data collected through in-depth epidemiological examination and through the release of the new test set nationally recommends that human-to-human transmission is taking place in Wuhan.”

January 23:

Chinese authorities lock down Wuhan, after letting some 5 million individuals leave the city with no medical screening in the weeks prior, The Wall Street Journal reported.

February 6:

According to the South China Morning Post, China’s internet guard dog had actually tightened up control over social networks platforms, following President Xi Jinping’s regulation. Citizen journalist and former rights attorney Chen Qiushi disappears in Wuhan after publishing mobile-phone videos of jam-packed health centers and troubled households, according to the New York Times.

February 19:

Beijing’s relationship with the American media aggravates when 3 Wall Street Journal press reporters had their press credentials withdrawed. The reporters covered the outbreak in Wuhan, according to the Journal.

February 26:

Li Zehua, a resident journalist who had actually worked at CCTV, is detained, according to the Guardian paper. He records the encounter.

March 11

Researchers from the University of Southampton, in the UK, said that if Beijing responded early to the outbreak there would have been considerably fewer cases. The scientists stated if Beijing reacted 3 weeks quicker, 95 percent of its cases might have been avoided.

March 27

Bloomberg reported that thousands of urns were discovered at funeral homes in Wuhan, which sparked even further doubt that Beijing was providing accurate information on its death toll. Radio Free Asia reported that 40,000 may have passed away there compared to reports at the time of 3,200 in the entire country.

Read More


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here